Austin Boys & Girls Club Foundation
The mission of the Austin Boys and Girls Club Foundation is to provide a perpetual source of ongoing funds to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area (BGCAA) mission of serving more kids in a more impactful way, and to provide a source of emergency funds, were the existence of BGCAA ever threatened.
The Foundation’s purpose is to provide a perpetual source of ongoing funds to support the BGCAA mission of serving more kids in a more impactful way, and to provide a source of emergency funds if the existence of BGCAA should ever become threatened.
Proceeds from the endowment are also used to award college scholarships to qualifying Club members, which in turn ensures the long-term sustainability of the community.
Ways to Give
- Planned Giving – Opportunities for Planned Giving are available now. Learn more about opportunities for Planned Giving as a great way to support the sustainability of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area.
- Austin Duck Derby – Join the Austin Boys & Girls Club Foundation for one of the most fun and beneficial events in Austin – our annual Austin Duck Derby, which will be held in 2018 on Saturday, August 4.
- Scholarships – One of the ways the Foundation supports Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area is by providing scholarships to alumni of the Clubs. The Foundation annually provides a $5,000.00 scholarship to the Club Youth of the Year winner, and a $3,000.00 scholarship to the Youth of the Year runner-up. In addition, the Foundation has also made arrangements with Austin Community College to fund, on an annual basis, four scholarships to ACC of $3,000.00 each. These are available for use by qualifying alumni of the Clubs to attend ACC. Persons interested in supporting this scholarship program can make contributions to the Foundation that are appropriated scholarship funds.
Please contact Wes Livesay, Executive Director of the Austin Boys & Girls Club Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.444.7199 (ext. 22) for additional information or questions.
2018 Board of Directors
- C. Jeff Cook (Chairman) – Capital Group Institutional Investment Services
- Herman Hill (Vice Chairman) – Sanford Electrical
- Helen Jobes (Immediate Past President) – Capella Real Estate
- Wes Livesay (Executive Director) – Austin Boys & Girls Club Foundation
- Misti Potter – CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area
- James S. Brown
- Bob Ehrlich – Ehrlich Realty Corp.
- Terrell F. Gates – Virtus Real Estate Capital
- Bill Heine – American Constructors, Inc.
- Jay Howard
- Mark Kiester – Retired CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area
- Lana King – MobileIron
- Dale Lowe
- Larry Meyer – JLM Financial Investments
- Michael Meyer – Transition Consultant
- Rusty Morrison – Morrison, Friedrich & Spinn, CPA’s LLC
- Alan Nirenberg – PlainsCapital Bank
- Randy Stone – Retired Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Jordan Ware – Winstead PC