BGCAA Health Updates
Health and Safety Updates
After months of school closure, and uncertainty surrounding our community; BGCAA is happy to announce that we will be expanding our services to reach more Club members starting June 1st.
Now more than ever, it is imperative to keep our Club kids engaged, active and motivated through these months of downtime.
Our high-quality programming is directed and carefully planned by highly qualified professionals in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM), Fine Arts, Academic Success and Healthy Life Skills. We have made modifications to the way we do summer camps, but we can guarantee that your kids will have the same memorable and enriching summer they always do at the Club.
In order to keep our Kids safe, BGCAA is implementing the following health and safety measures:
• Hourly wipe downs in every workstation
• Temperature checks 3x each day
• Club deep cleaned 2x a day
• Hand washing every 45 minutes
• Adhere to social distancing of 6 feet
Any child showing signs of illness or sickness will be separated from the program and families will be called for pick up. To ensure all of our Club members have access to summer camp, BGCAA will be implementing a shuttle service from other Club locations.
At Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area, our top priority is the health and safety of our kids, staff, volunteers and our community.
We are now providing free weekly Club on the Go bags to all current members that include:
- Sustainable snacks for the week that align with USDA nutritional guidelines
- Weekly Themed and DIY activities and supplies, including kits dedicated to academic enrichment, STEM, art, character development and more
- Nutritional and healthy habits tips and recipes
- Guidelines to help parents keep their children engaged while at home
- Updated resource list and contacts for health and social services available throughout the Austin area
We encourage our Club members and families to reach out to our Home Club at 512-444-7199 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to direct you to the resources you need as we remain dedicated to continue serving kids who need us most during these challenging times.
We appreciate your continued understanding as we do everything we can to support the health and well being of our kids, staff, volunteers and our Austin community.