BGCAA Health Updates
Health and Safety Updates
At Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area, our top priority is the health and safety of our kids, staff, volunteers and our community. Given the information we have and the recommendations of the CDC, WHO, Texas Departments of Public Health, City of Austin, AISD and BGCA, regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the difficult decision to close all BGCAA locations until further notice. Although our Clubs are closed, our team is working diligently to offer solutions and resources to our Club families during these times of uncertainty.
We are now providing free weekly Club on the Go bags to all current members that include:
- Sustainable snacks for the week that align with USDA nutritional guidelines
- Weekly Themed and DIY activities and supplies, including kits dedicated to academic enrichment, STEM, art, character development and more
- Nutritional and healthy habits tips and recipes
- Guidelines to help parents keep their children engaged while at home
- Updated resource list and contacts for health and social services available throughout the Austin area
We encourage our Club members and families to reach out to our Home Club at 512-444-7199 or via email at email@example.com. We will do our best to direct you to the resources you need as we remain dedicated to continue serving kids who need us most during these challenging times.
We appreciate your continued understanding as we do everything we can to support the health and well being of our kids, staff, volunteers and our Austin community.